File RTI against PSU banks and get all information you wanted ever !

POSTED BY Jagoinvestor ON December 17, 2012 COMMENTS (182)

We have already done an article on how to use RTI for any kind of EPF related issues because EPFO is an govt organisation and comes under the purview of RTI . But a lot of people do not know that even PSU Banks come under RTI and if you have any issues with them, you can always file a RTI against them and get any kind of information you want.

So that means SBI, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, Punjab national Bank, Carana Bank, Vijaya Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and all other PSU banks (govt owned) will come under RTI . So the next question is what kind of situations can arise, when a person can file a RTI application. Lets see this – Prashant from Agra, had an issue with Canara Bank over the bank locker

My brother’s bank account is at canara bank, and he had taken a LOCKER there. He made his wife as joint account holder and with attorney. Now when she took locker keys to her home without informing we gave the manager an application that in case locker is secretly opened plz inform us. But after few days the lady mailed him(to manager) some application/or anything on his email.

when my brother n mother went to operate he stopped us.. and shouted at us in front of everyone as if we are thieves(account is in name of my brother). Manager is even not ready to show that email or copy of the same. Neither did he informed any of the 3 phone numbers given in application by us previously (he assured us to do the same). He yelled us out of bank(account is 12 year old in same branch) saying that he will FREEZE LOCKER. My brother the rightful owner wants to open his own account having keys to the locker yet not allowed.

Now in this issue, you can see that bank has not treated Prashant well and also not giving him the information properly. The bank people are also mishandling his locker. At this moment, Prashant can just file a RTI application and ask all those queries which he wanted to know. And within next 30-35 days , he should get the reply from the bank.

Let me share with you all 2 more real life incidents on how people used RTI against their PSU banks and got their work done !

1. How Kranti Used RTI against his Bank 

My ATM is locked due to some unknown reason. As usual customer-care directed me to contact branch. In branch a lady checks some info and said that this can not happen here, ATM will be unlocked by Mumbai main branch and advice me for new ATM card. At this time I have questioned them that in this case you will deduct charges from my saving account. Reply of lady was awesome, she simple blast on me and said that you people want everything free of cost. At that time I feel that there is no point in arguing with that lady and way back to my home.

After one week of try,suddenly I thought of applying RTI on this issue. I have met the branch manager and ask for how to apply RTI on this issue. Suddenly after listening name of RTI, bank manager came into action and directed same lady to solve this issue asap and said that if his issue is not resolved, he will file RTI. Surprisely my ATM is unlocked within minutes of action. In my case only name of RTI works wonder:)

2. How Elahi used RTI against SBi

RTI is very powerful and highly useful tool. Here is my experience with SBI. I have housing loan with SBI and they had charged extra interest of Rs. 73000 to me. So I filed RTI to get the detailed information of change in interest rates and to conform that my housing loan interest rate will be (SBAR – % concession.) After getting this information, I filed complaint with Branch and RACPC pune, giving them detailed interest calculations of interest for 4 years and asked them to refund my money. Waited for 3 weeks. SBI customer charted says that “Branch has to solve the problem withing 3 weeks elase wive written reply to customer telling why it is not solved and how much additional time is needed.”

After 3 weeks I pointed SBI to this clause ans asked for explaination through email. Then wheels started moving faster. Got my cresit within 2 hours. But it was not as per my calculation. I again explained them my claculations and after 3 credits they got their calculation right ! I got my money back completely. RTI works wonder. And every government and semi-govt. organisations have citizens charter. Use it for your purpose.

Note that Right to information (RTI) will only help a person get some information, after that he will have to follow up on that matter, but in today’s world, even if you get the correct data about something, its a big thing.

When to use RTI against PSU bank ?

  • When the bank is not giving you correct information about your home loan related items like interest rates, prepayment, documentation issues.
  • When you are not satisfied by bank behaviour, its service, the terms and conditions etc
  • When bank asks you some unjustified things like opening a FD for locker, buying some policy before locker can be opened !
  • When you feel that bank has done something against their own terms and conditions and is not entertaining you.
  • When you need any information from bank which you cant get directly !

Below is a video on RTI done by Sailesh Gandhi for Moneylife. Have a look at these video’s and understand how to effectively use Right to information in your life.

Branch Heads are also the CPIO’s !

When you file a RTI letter, it has to be addressed to Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) or Central Assistant Public Information Officer (CAPIO). Now all the major branch heads of PSU Banks are also CPIO’s and you can directly write the RTI letter to the branch head, but address them as CPIO’s . So in the place of address, mention the branch name and the name of the bank with full address. Some of the PSU banks also allow giving the RTI applications by hand to the Branch heads, but I would suggest try it on your own risk, sending the letter by registered post will be much better.

Steps for writing the RTI application against Bank

1. Download this RTI Template for Banks (Taken from Wealth Club)

2. Put the address and branch name of your Bank

3. Write down all the other details like name, address, email, phone and other details if any.

4. Put the information required at the appropriate place in the template. Make sure the question is brief and too the point.

5. Buy a postal order for Rs 10 , favoring to CPIO, Branch name, address (this you need to fill yourself).

6. Make sure you write the postal order number in the RTI letter, change it with your order number.

7. Take a print out and send the RTI letter via registered post or Speed post to the same address as Bank branch.

8. Wait for next 30-60 days for the reply and if you dont get it , escalate it further !

Note : You can also watch a detailed video course called “How to Use RTI in your financial life” (4 part video series , 19 min total running time) under our courses section of Jagoinvestor Wealth Club, incase you are a member.


So in this article, you have learned how you can also file RTI applications against a Public sector Bank in India and get all those information which you are not getting in proper manner otherwise.

182 replies on this article “File RTI against PSU banks and get all information you wanted ever !”

  1. Arun Mech says:

    Hi Concern,

    I am facing a big problem to receive my pf amount since very long days. I do having all the required things like UAN no, PF account no and all but not able to view my passbook in any kind of pf portal and because of that not able to withdraw my pf amount. I took many possibility action to solve my issue as mentioned but no result, even I ring(phone) at pf office Ambattur, Chennai many times but waste. i called to the employer too, they said its upto pf office reason other employees had withdrawn pf amount without any issue. FYI, at present I live in Guwahati, Assam.

    Therefore do let me know/suggest what things to be done to get result.

    1. Jagoinvestor says:

      Where exactly is it stuck? I mean tell me the root cause. Also I think its time you file an RTI to find out.. Things may move after that!


  2. Vijay Amrit Rawal says:

    My grandmother, Late Smt. Sonam Chhokid had saving account and FD accounts with OBC (now PNB). The bank has pre-maturely closed the FDs of my grandmother and on 13.07.2017 and a sum of Rs. 1608471/- was transferred (on vouchers) to the account of Smt. Chhime (her daughter) without the presence of account holder (Late Smt. Sonam Chhokid). Smt. Chhime has done these transactions with the help of Bank officials. It is pertinent to mention here that Smt. Sonam Chhokid was illiterate and through thumb impression she used to do bank transactions as per the guidelines of RBI for illiterate persons. Now bank is saying that they have done all things right. I have requested the bank for the vouchers, witness etc. Through RTI, but they denied. As now she is no more, can her legal heir get the details through RTI?

    1. Jagoinvestor says:

      Hi Vijay

      Who is the legal heir here? If bank has done any misdeed then you can surely raise your voice with RBI and complain!


      1. Vijay Amrit Rawal says:

        My father is legal heir here. I have submitted a complaint in RBI ombudsman. But didn’t get any reply yet. Can I get these documents through RTI?

        1. Jagoinvestor says:

          You may have to file a complaint with banking ombudsman here.. do it online from their website.

      2. Vijay Amrit Rawal says:

        My father is legal heir.

  3. devang shah says:

    dena bank has given a loan against my land situated at gujarat without giving public notice in any newspaper and has created a charge on my land without following fair practices.
    i already file a compalint to the branch ,zonal office and even to head office. but didnt get any reply since 5 months. what should i do to file an RTI?
    kindly suggest me.

    1. Yes, now file the RTI

  4. Kamkt Jain says:

    Hi may I know procedure of appeal. Actually I have handover a rti application in pnb regional office in Rajasthan but didn’t get any reply so please tell me about the appal.

    1. Hi Kamkt Jain

      I am not clear on what is your question. Please repeat it with more clarity


  5. Anjani lal says:

    Sbi bankers are passing details and my activities to friends and relatives. Can I ask information under RTI from SBI that when and by which bank official looked into my account?

    1. Yes, you can ask for that

  6. narendra singh says:

    Hi, Manish
    i want to file a rti against sbi bank for the information related to a joint account through online portal . can you please guide me that how to file a rti online against sbi bank or it is only possible offline ?

    1. RTI online is possible . But I have not written any article on that. But its quote easy , follow the same process online at

  7. Sahdevsinh m zala says:

    Branch manager not received fees of RTI in branch in cash what can I do ??

  8. Israel Lalropuia says:

    Hi Manish,
    I have a problem in Loan in State Bank of India, the manager told me he will give me a loan but he deny for 5 months. So, can I file RTI in this case.

    1. Yes, you can file RTI and find out the exact reason for rejection.


    How to file online RTI against ubi pgdbf exam 2016

    1. Jagoinvestor Admin says:


      Procedure of RTI remains the same.

  10. VikramSingh says:

    greatful Manish ji, for your prompt reply.
    pnbhfbl is a company itself and pnb is PSU, a govt. body, so how pnbhfl comes under PSUs?


  11. VikramSingh says:

    what will be the RTI application fee for Chandigarh?

    Vikram Singh

  12. VikramSingh says:

    Is pnbhfl also comes under PSU?
    Vikram Singh

  13. garima says:

    how to file a rti aginst sbi pls guide me

    1. Thats what we have covered in the article

  14. Megha says:

    I filed a rti to get a bank account details but they denied to give it. Can they deny or they should give the details ?

    1. If you are asking for your own details, then they can deny . BUt if you are asking for someone else, they can surely deny. Its not personal information

  15. Sagar says:

    Sir, mera exam tha abhi jr agricutural clerk asstiatant in sbi held on 22-5-2016
    in exam centre by mistake my some document leave in other student bag
    This student is setting with me i know his name and roll no and also centre name and lab no and system no
    Please help me
    M kaise uska address aur phone le sakta hu sbi recturment board se

    1. How can I help you on this ?

  16. Nirav says:

    Hi Manish,

    Need your help .. I have filed RTI application against HDFC bank asking details of investigation done to my complain towards Bank.

    But Bank denies telling that RTI is not applicable to them.
    Can please guide me on same.

    1. Yes, because its not a PSU organisation . Better file a RTI to RBI asking them the same things.

  17. Vivek says:

    Hi Manish,
    Compliments for an excellent service. Just one query please. Our SBI shifted 15 kms away without any communication to its customers in 1st week of April, ie at start of financial year. Our lockers were surrendered within a month and refund sought as this was due to the bank relocating. But they are refusing and apparently want to recover Mallya’s money from the middle class. Is there a case for filing an RTI?

    1. You mean they are not giving back your locker contents?

  18. Abhishek says:

    Hi Manish,
    I ve gone thru most of your responses.. I had faced a situation and would like to know info on it.
    1. SBI – Jajpur Road Main branch, odisha.
    I went to the branch to avail two wheeler loan, aftr collectng all relevant docs reqd, mentioned on there official website. I also spoke to there customer support line who confirmed the availabilty of my loan request at any of sbi branch in India. To my utter surprise, the bank pepl denied completely without even looking at my docs saying sbi dont gve two wheeler loan.
    I had nothing to do but depart. If the bank dont provide such services why then they are falsely marketing at tbere web site. Can i file RTI on it.
    2. I went to Canara bank, and the bank manager after looking carefully at all required docs said u r eligible and qulified for loan but since u r not resident of odisha jajpur, we cant provide loan. Infact I had arranged the house rent agreement, electricity bill of land lord and a letter from my co.s HR i.e. Jindal Steel Ltd, certifying my local address, still he denies. Does the branch manager have authority to deny in such circumstances. Can i file RTI on it.
    pl guide.

    1. Hi Abhishek

      The 1st point, looks like the branch did not have the service, I mean not all branch have all the service. The bank might be giving that loan, but that branch might not have that department, so they told you that the bank does not do it

      The next one, I suggest you file RTI to ask what all documents are valid and then meet the manager. Many a times they take a short route like denying it all together

      1. Abhishek says:

        Thanks a ton manish!

      2. nagaraju says:

        hello sir,i wrote SBI SPECIALIST OFFICER EXAM but they didn’t revealed the cutoff marks and marks also,how can i know it through RTI, i tried plz

        1. I dont think it will help, if there is no rule of declaring the marks, then they cant do it even with RTI !

  19. tanuj says:

    hello manish i want to file an rti against sbi regarding 2014 waiting list of gujarat assistant vacancies that how many post were filled and how many were left vacant i am asking this bcoz sbi has recruited from many states ex mp,tamil nadu,karnataka,jharkhand…so why the waiting list was not issued in gujarat even though their were 500 vacancies approx..kindly please reply i will be very thankful.

    1. So what is stopping you ? File the RTI !

      1. Tanuj says:

        The problem is which under which ministry I have to file..bcoz when I was filing online their was no option of sbi…their wete options like lic infact indian bank tooo…but not sbi

        1. You can choose Ministry for Financial Services and then choose Reserve Bank of India. That will be valid

          1. Tanuj says:

            Ok thanks manish I already did yesterday I selected financial services and instead of rbi I again selected financial services…I guess I have to do it again..?

  20. Mamnoon says:

    Sir, I have a Salary bank account in Canara Bank since 2014. In the month of August 2015, a sum of Rs 4400/ were transfer from my salary account to my employer without any information by the bank itself..What should I do to refund my money?

    1. Hi Mamnoon

      This is very specific query which you should follow up with the concerned authority only. We wont be able to comment on that


  21. sai says:

    Hi sir,
    I want your help about this matter. i have applied for agriculture loan 6month ago in bank of baroda. Also i have complet all the legal document. But bank manager not get submitted this document. He say come After 15 ,i have not time to verify ur document.
    by other hand many application of loan sanctined by bank except my application.
    pls sir give me suggestion how can i so through rti
    thanks sir

    1. Yes, you should do RTI with bank and ask for your timeline ..

  22. arifkhan says:

    Sir, my fathers saving account and kcc account in sbbj . bank tranfer my fathers six months pension from sb account to kcc loan account. Without any information. After proper yearly clearance my kcc is stoped .what should I do.

    1. Hi arifkhan

      This is very specific query which you should follow up with the concerned authority only. We wont be able to comment on that


      1. arifkhan says:

        Ok. Sir
        Can i ask question to bank regarding the change in interest rates of my accts. And can i ask them status of other kcc accounts.
        Can i ask bank abt the expiry date of other kcc accounts.

        1. Yes, you can do that

  23. manjunath says:

    goodmorning, sir can I get names of family pension holder of any particular branch under RTI

    1. No , its not a public info

  24. M.SRINIVASAN. says:

    Respected sir,
    I am a central government employee.I have applied educational loan in SBI for my daughter who got admission in a university.As per my branch manager’s instruction I have submitted all required documents such as my salary slip, PAN card details ,fee summary,and finally AFFIDAVIT from Notary public etc. Even I fulfill all these requirements they asked my bank account details which I am getting salary (INDIAN BANK). I have submitted one year account detail as they required. Even after, they forced me to change my salary to credit in SBI and for this purpose they still not sanctioned that EL , WHICH WAS APPLIED IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2015.Sir please clarify that is it must to credit my salary in SBI. On 17.02.2016 I have questioned my branch manager about my loan status through e-mail.TILL DATE THERE IS NO REPLY came from that end.In this regard please advise me for further step.
    Thanking You Sir


      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  25. Deepak says:

    Hello sir
    I want to know that can I take bank account statement of third person through RTI
    from sbi branch

    1. No, you cant. You can only ask for your personal data

  26. Rahul says:


    Can i ask for employees attendance in and out timings and their productivity ?

  27. abha says:

    dear sir
    i have filled a petition against my estranged husband in court for getting maintenance .He has got UNION BANK’s ATM installed in his shop in HUDA market and getting rent from it . I need to show the proof of that amount of rent . Can i use RTI here and what procedure i need to follow here to get proof of his rent income .
    Kindly help me out .
    Waiting eagerly for your response.

    1. You can use RTI for all things which are your personal details. You cant ask for others details !

  28. yogesh says:

    HI MANISH i have placed jewel loan in state bank of hyderabad on 2014 august & i paid full amount with interest in 2015 august on 28th at 1.15pm they make me wait upto 4.30pm to return back my jewels, after 2 days when i went to get my jewels they informed me through letter to wait untill their RO reply to return my jewels, shall i file rti to file case against bank

    1. Yes, better to file RTI on this

  29. vasishtashastry says:

    Hello Manish,
    One of my friend is in deep trouble. His father three years before has drawn a personal loan from SBI. He was a reputed salaired employee from Steel Plant in the designation of AGM. Unfortunately he expired, and the family moved on to their own house from the premises. There was no communication from the Bank regarding his father’s taking the loan. After three years, today, some persons along with one person who gave surity, created a nusience in their house, asking them to pay the amount of 8.5L immediately, otherwise, they are going to link his father’s bank account from where his mother gets pension, and take the loan. How can this be possible, what was the bank doing for the last three years, and why for a designated person, there is a suriety inolved, Please give your advise, and suggestion what to do. His mother is very week and feeble, and is in deep depression.

  30. ApoorbaGanguly says:

    Hi Manish,

    A very good article. Earlier I had to take help of RTI to clear my EPF money transfer and an issue which was held for 2 years got resolved in 2 months after sending 2-3 RTI letters!

    This time, I require your suggestion on a PSU bank (PNB) item. We have a very old (near about 25 years) SBA/c. with PNB branch with which a Locker is linked. The locker was jointly operated by both of my parents. Now the primary holder (my father) is no more and the locker is operated currently by my mother as the sole operator. We have 2 targets:

    1) On an immediate basis, to add a nominee to the locker. Currently the locker does not have any nominee.
    2) Once that is secured, add a second holder to the same locker.

    I am aware of the RBI guidelines and the same is seen in PNB’s own website. But as usual, bank is asking to get a financial instrument of a lump sum and a new account to open. I tried to formally submit a complaint with the branch manager citing RBI rules and all which he is denying to take.

    I feel that this is the time to file a RTI for this. Please let me know:

    1) If I should address the application to the CPIO (branch manager) of that particular branch only? It’s not a big branch. And should I send the application via reg. post at that branch’s address only or should it go to the eastern region’s main branch’s address?

    2) What all questions I should ask for? Since I am not a new locker seeker, I don’t need info like how many lockers are there etc. But I think I should ask for the annual locker rent (though I know that and the amount is deducted from our SBA/c. with the same branch every month).

    Thank you for your help here.

    1. You can send it to the main PNB branch asking questions like rent and what documents are required to add nominee and another holder. ONce you get the answer, take that note and then go to bank !

      1. ApoorbaGanguly says:

        Thank you for your reply! Shall do so at the earliest. I tried calling the main branch of the eastern sector so many times however none picked up the phone! I just thought of giving it a try first by calling them to lodge complaint.

  31. rk says:

    hi sir,

    can a thrid party person who doesn’t have any connection with your bank or branch can ask for loan details given to others through rti wheather banks will give information about their borrowers and their seurities lodged with them

    1. No , you can only ask your personal information, not others

  32. BRAHMANANDA says:

    I am a banking aspirant. I scored 148 in my written exam but did not selected. Whereas few of the candidates who scored less than me got selected. How can I apply RTI against bank recruitment. Please let me know on my mail id – or call me on – 9861309339.


      Thanks for asking your question. However we do not have answer to your question.


  33. BHAGAVAN says:

    Can we get the names of authorised signatories of a particular account under RTI?
    For clarity, I repeat, if I give the account number, will the bank have to disclose the name of the person / names of persons who are authorised to sign the cheques?

    1. I dont think bank will give you that info

  34. rajesh says:

    We need a housing load RTI and escalation level, other then back internal ombudsman i mean bank has Customer Service, Compliance, Complaint Cell, , . We need other then theses contacts i mean RBI and Ministry related information act. if back is not giving o taking an actions.

    1. I didnt get your query . Are you not getting the point that you need to file the RTI to RBI in this case and ask them of rules and also complain about the bank

  35. Nilesh says:

    I have file application of RTI about Ex-Gratia in Lieu of Compassionate Appointment in Bank of Mahabharata at Ahmadabad Gujarat region officer but i am not satisfy with replay and i have file second apple but I have not gott ans after one and half month pls suggest me wat I have to do

    Nilesh Shah
    Jamnagar Gujarat

    1. I have no idea what you can do now

  36. sharadchormale says:

    Hi Sir,

    I have applied for home loan to SBH bank on my salary. I provided all required documents along with mortgage but they are not paying money to me from last 2 months. Now they are saying they will deduct crop loan which my father had taken from them. Kindly suggest.

    1. Hi sharadchormale

      This is very specific query which you should follow up with the concerned authority only. We wont be able to comment on that


  37. Chetan Singh says:

    Sir, my father was an retired centralgovernment servant and was getting the pension from SBI Bank but the account was joint account with my mother(housewife), but after the death of my father, now the bank says to open a new account of my mother separately, but we are facing a problem that there was an mistake in joint account earlier, accuatly my mother’s name was wrong in the paas book due an departmental mistake and now we don’t any ID of this wrong name due to which now I am unable to get opened new account of mother in this SBI Bank while the pension is coming as per the wrong name, now we want show the bank that the lady whose name is Kunta Devi and the lady whose name Kanta Devi(wrong name) is one lady(and the wife of my father Late. Mr. Man Singh) but bank is giving any positive response and not ready to accept it while we says them to give an affidavit regarding this on behalf my mother. So in last I said them to check the old document(at time of account opening when the name was correctly filled in by my father in the application form) but bank even now not finding the old documents and misguiding us. So now I want file RTI for getting the information about the detail that was filled I. By my father at the time of account opening. So sir is it possible. And give me an idea regarding to this problem. Thank you

    1. Hi Chetan Singh

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  38. yogesh says:

    my father has an account in oriential bank of commerce in 1990. then my father close the account in 2004 . i want to know manish can i get some information from bank for the proof of residence in delhi since 1990 for apply birth certificate or obc certificate . can i file rti against the oriential bank of commerce for given iformation of my aacont in written or any paper material

    1. I think you can only get the information, but they will not provide any documents.

  39. Gajendra says:

    Hi Manish,
    I am orthopedically handicapped and just joined Bank of Baroda. As per circular of Ministry of Finance Circular No. F. NO. 302/33/2/87-SCT(B), I should get joining near my home town, but I got joining 1200 KM far from my hometown. I request them for transfer but they decline it. Can I file RTI against bank that why they didn’t follow that circular? If yes then I would be the process?
    I also want to know how many Physically Handicapped Candidates are posted in bank. and how many of them got joining as per above circular. Can I ask that information too? if yes then what is the process?

    1. Hi Gajendra

      This is very specific query which you should follow up with the concerned authority only. We wont be able to comment on that


  40. surendar says:

    i dont have hdfc bank account and i want to open account in this bank by PMJDY if bank remove my request then what im fill up rti against this bank please tell me hurry…. thank you in advance

    1. Just file the RTI with PMJDY itself

  41. AKSHAY says:


  42. Ravi says:


    I have filled an RTI to SBI for getting the account holder name and i have not received the reply from them yet (more than 60 days). Who would be the next level of contact (whom should I escalate).

    Shall I ask the SBI to provide the details of the person who got my bank statement (photo copies)?

    1. But with RTI you can ask for your data, not others !

  43. sanjay says:

    Hi Manish,
    I am an employee of a public sector bank. Can I file an RTI asking about the promtion policy of the bank? In fact I want the marksheet of the written test held for the promotion in our bank. Please advise.

    Thanks and regards,


    1. Yes, you can put the RTI !

  44. Gokul says:

    Hi Manish,

    I am a Software Engineer. I got educational loan from PNB on 2009.Actually I applied it on 2008 on my first year . Bank gave some reason that I cannot get loan on first year as I already paid the amount to college .Loan got Sanctioned for Rs 250000. In second year Bank manager told that the Amount of 250000 is for four years . So we are dividing that amount into 4 years and we can give the amount of 190000 for the next 3 years like 65000 per year.

    We don’t know about interest while getting the loan . After completion of my course in 2012 I didn’t get job for 1 year then after I reached Bank they told to pay the interest of 100000 in addition to principal amount and some extra charges . They put compound interest it seems with interest rate of 13.5 % .We are not sure why we didn’t get subsidy on our loan interest and also we paid 200000 already still they are outing interest on the remaining amount with the same interest rate. We got loan without knowing the interest rate but now we are suffering to pay the interest for the interest. Can we file RTI on this ?

    Please help me how to file RTI on this case and many of the students are suffering with this issue . Please provide us a solution .

    Gokul B

    1. Hi Gokul

      Yes, you can file a RTI on this for sure, and the template for RTI is already included in the article itself

      1. GOKUL says:

        Thanks Manish.

        I just want to know to which address I need to send . In the application there is a To address and also for sending the post we need to write To address .As I bought loan from PNB Ambur branch . So I need to mention this branch address in both the postal and application address or I need to give any where Branch head office address. Please help me in sending the application and also I want to know Where I can get postal order ?

        1. Hi GOKUL

          You can file the RTI online now ! .. Postal orders are available at post offices in case you need it

      2. vikash says:

        Hi Manish,

        Can I file RTI online as well? If yes then is it to be filed under “Department of Financial Services”? SBI is troubling me a lot for similar issues on education loan.

        1. Yes, you can file it online, BUt at this moment I am not sure which department to select !

          1. vikash says:

            Thanks Manish

  45. sourabh says:

    i m a student.i applied for education loan in united bank of india last year.till now manager has not sanctioned me the loan.manager always says come after 15 days or bank dont have the authority or many reasons.can i file rti????
    please sir help me how to file rti???
    thank a lot in advanced.

    1. Hi sourabh

      YEs, take a RTI route now

  46. RAVIPAHWA says:

    i have to submit online rti against bank of baroda how can i do so because in the options it is showing only for reserve bank of india . but my work is with bank of baroda . plz any one can help me plz

    1. You can file it with RBI and mention about BOI issue and ask them to follow up with BOI and give you reply

  47. thangavel says:

    Highly useful and educative pages for ordinary customers to get their grievance redressed at no cost.Kindly keep it up!

  48. Devendra Singh says:

    Hi Manish, one such example is like One person(age 25 yrs) came to me for sanctioning vehicle loan without having D/L .I asked him to first get D/L.But he did not get the point and re iterated the same things and became frustrated by his own even he complained this to some local leader.Finally he filed RTI about Knowing the facts that since 2008 how many loans got sanctioned one by one with so much of details like date of application , sanction disbursement etc .Now with a manpower of three employees how can anyone survive the attack of such RTI.

    1. Ok I got the point .. This was kind of REVENGE RTI 🙂 .. Sad , but you have to as per law .. I dont think any law is there where you can treat it as discarded .

      Cant you reply the same person asking why they need this data ?


  49. Devendra Singh says:

    Hi Manish,

    So much of complaints against Banking Sectors . 🙂
    I worked as a branch Manager and posted in rural area. Sometimes situation comes where some people of Criminal Nature come and try to influence you by hook or crook to favor them in terms of sanctioning loans , mostly they use their political links to threaten you in soft manner . Now Suppose if any person files RTI with malafide intention just to disturb you now and then , what steps can be taken .

    1. Hi Devendra

      RTI is RTI . How do you know someone has filed RTI with malafide intention ? How can that happen ? Can you give me some exampe ?


  50. SALMAN MANSUR says:

    Dear Manish,
    1. My father was getting from SBI barnch Sultanganj Bihar on account of State Govt employee. He expired on 20 Apr 13.
    2. For family pension, my mother contacted to branch manager and opened an account in the same branch.
    3. But the pension papers was returned back stating reason that there is a difference in the name quoted in pension book and account holder in the month of Sep 13.
    4. After rectifying the name in bank account, copy of passbook was resubmitted to the branch.
    5. Till date, 3 times the documents have been forwarded to pension department but the same returns back to the branch quoting the following remarks:-
    (i) Thumb impression not found.
    (ii) Difference in name and of same natures.
    Clerk of the pension department in SBI is not attaining and always tells your job will be done within 2 months but its more than 18 months, pension has not been started.
    Bank staff always tells that they have submitted the documents but does not provide the details of submission and reason for return back.
    Sir, kindly guide me how to overcome this issue and what should i do so as to start my mother’s family pension at the earliest.
    Thanking you.

  51. chaitanya_R says:

    Hi Manish / All
    I have a home loan with bank of maharashtra and bank did insurance on their own without informing me.
    Further they added this premium amount to my principal.
    so after almost two years my principal has come down by only 20 thousand.

    Can I file RTI for this ?
    Can I sue bank for this action ?
    any other legal action I can take for this

    please share

    1. You can sue them but only if you never allowed them for what they did .generally banks take your signatures on the documents and if you gave it, then how will you prove that you didnt read things and sign

  52. rajesh chauhan says:

    my name is rajesh chauhan n i had a flat at nalla sopara(e) address-B-WING,R.NO.407,SHIV SHYADRI SOC,NEAR SANGAM MEDICAL,ANCHOLE ROAD,NALA SOPARA(E) Dist- THANE.we had decided to sell the lady name Mrs.Pratidya surve she had approached to us n ready to buy the same flat on housing loan.she was working in massage parlour and her loan was sanctioned of Rs.1300,000/-(thirteen lacs) our agreement of sale of Rs.1860000/- i have a query that a massage lady worker how the housing loan sanctioned. plz kindly help me out for the same because i m in trouble and i have to find out that on what basis she got the loan? so how can i found it and how can i file a case on her?
    She had paid the half amount and now Rs.165,000/- is left from her and she had given me in writing on the Rs.100/- BOND PAPER that she will pay the same amount within 14 months and now her 14 months is over and it is more than 16 months and she is denying to pay the same amount.
    I had approached to the POLICE STATION at nalla sopara(w) the officer incharge denying to reistered FIR against the same and advice to FILE a FRAUD/ CHEATING CASE at VASAI COURT.I don’t understand that how I can file a case against her? And how I can recover my Rs.165,000/- from that lady.

    Rajesh Chauhan

    1. First thing is she can get a loan if she is earning well , why cant she get it ?

      Coming to your FIR thing , why the police officer is not registering complaint ? Whats the reason ?

      1. rajesh chauhan says:

        the same lady is working in massage parlour and her salary may be around 6 to 7 thousand n my query is that on what base she got a loan from HDFC bank and she her self justified that for sanctioning the loan she had given a bribe of Rs.90000/- and i have to find out that on what documents her loan was sanctioned and how will i proof in the court n i have clean her in the court because
        she was supposed to pay her amount on due date but she had not paid on the time.And she had given me in a written that she will pay the balance amount of Rs.115000/- after 14 months .police said that you to file a case against in the court and the same is court matter
        plz help me n tel me how to find out?

        thanking u
        rajesh chauhan

        1. Kiran says:

          Rajesh, I think you should be concerned about your money that you should get from her and not on how she got the loan and if she is eligible or not. You should file a case against her not payin your money. Coming to the bond paper I am not sure what value will that hold. The cost of the stamp on the bond paper is a % of the amount mentioned. The agreement for 14 months, was it registered at the subregistrar office ? I think all agreements with more that 12 months validity have to be done (atleast in Karnataka).

  53. rajesh chauhan says:

    my name is rajesh chauhan n i have a flat at nalla sopara in mumbai.we had decided to sell the lady name Mrs.Pratidya surve she had approached to us n ready to buy the same flat on housing loan.she was working in massage parlour and her loan was sanctioned of Rs.1300,000/-(thirteen lacs) our agreement of sale of Rs.1860000/- i have qery that a massage lady worker how the housing loan sanctioned.plz kindly me out for the same because i m in trouble and i have to find out that on what basis she got the loan?so how can i found it and how can i file a case on her?

  54. rajeev nayan says:

    Hi Manish,
    I hope you can help me with this..
    Here is the thing..I had taken an education loan in 2009 (4 lakhs).Repayment was to start after one year of course complete.i.e 2013 june.
    I went to the bank in july and asked about how to repay.They told me that i need to repay 13000 monthly for next 60 months.(i.e total of 7 ,80,000 for 4 lakhs).I was confused and since i didn’t have time i started paying 13000 every month.
    Now this year our Finance Minister revealed the budget and accordingly all the interest from 2009 to 2014 january was to be forgiven. Now when i go to the bank to ask about it,They are saying that they have not got any written letters yet and can not be done anything.
    Please give me advice what do i need to do regarding this.

    1. Even though it has been announced, there might be many fine prints to it . and it takes time to reach banks . So better pursue the matter and if needed reach to banking ombudsman on this


  55. Rajesh Ohri says:

    Dear Manish,

    I would like to have the information about the locker and its details that my grandparents had with PNB. What is the procdure for it under RTI.

    Rajesh Ohri

    1. Rajesh

      RTI is only to get info .. if you want to open a locker, better meet the bank officials, they will help you !

  56. Shanku Dutta says:

    Hi Manish,

    I am Sri. Shanku Dutta , I was sent a RTI application to The Principal Public Information officer, Legal Department, United Bank of India,9th Floor, United Tower,11 Hemanta Basu Sarani,Kolkata-01, dated on 18.11.2013 along with application fee of Rs.10/- by Indian Postal Order SL/No- 16F 556997. In favor of The Principal Public Information officer for my account information relating to payment of Reinvestment certificate A/C no – 1960/15/97 and Reinvestment certificate A/C no-961/15/97.maintained at Siliguri Branch UBI Bank under the RTI Act.2005. After few days I received a letter Ref. H.O./LD/RIA/398/13 /2013 dated on 27 November 2013 and advise me to correspondence directly with the Regional Public Information officer. North Bengal Region, I was sent letter for corresponding directly with The Regional Public Information officer. North Bengal Region. but no any reply from their region yet.
    Therefore ,I am complain to G.M.(U.B.I) & The Banking Ombudsman (R.B.I) for look into the matter and take necessary action as provided under the Right to Information Act.2005.
    if no reply of my complain letter then how can i do ? please help me.

    Shanku Dutta

    1. Hi Shanku

      If there is no reply back, you need to then put a first appeal for that under RTI and then second appeal

  57. Rahul Bansal says:

    Is AXIS bank is PSU bank? Does it come under RTI?

    1. No It does not come under RTI , thats the reason in my last comment, I said you can tell them you will file a RTI to RBI asking them for rules etc. If it was a SBI bank or say BOB kind of banks, then you could have filed the RTI to them directly . That acts like a bramhastra to them !


      1. Rahul Bansal says:

        Thanks for info.

        Can I atleast ask AXIS bank to give me in writing about insurance-policy requirement for locker?

        1. Yes you can ask them, but I am sure they will not give it, because there is nothing like that 🙂 . Its just a marketing gimmick and a way to put pressure . Tell them that if they take away your locker, you will reach to banking ombudsman on this and claim for the harrassment charges . Also I suggest anyways you can file a RTI right away to RBI and show them a copy, they will come in front of you next time , I believe .

          1. Rahul Bansal says:

            Thanks for guidance. I think its better to have RTI reply from RBI handy before they starts irritating me again.

            1. Chetan Singh says:

              Sir, I am Chetan

  58. Eshwar Molugu says:

    Hi Manish

    I have a different issue with bank lockers.

    My father have a locker in Canara Bank and it had been maintained from more than 10years. We had paid the locker fee till 2009 and have all the bills related to it. After that we didn’t touch the locker till now Dec 30 2013. We didnt paid the locker fee from 2010.

    But surprisingly when we went to bank today(6th Jan 2014)to enquire about the locker , Bank people said that the locker was given to some other person from 2010 onwards. And we didn’t get any notice asking us to pay the fee of locker.

    My question is
    1) How can they give our locker to others without prior information to us ?
    2) If at all they want to give to others they should have asked/send some notice to pay the fee right ?
    3) Ok… assume they have given the locker to others but what about the things inside it. Will they take all the properties inside it? Is that correct?

    Please respond as early as possible sir.

    Thank You
    Eshwar Molugu

    1. Its more of service deficiency . Bank can not just give your locker to some one else without contacting u or for someother reason . Better file a RTI on this first and ask them reason . Also complain to banking ombudsman on this .

      1. Eshwar Molugu says:

        Thanks a lot Manish… Its a great help.. They said they will update us on Thursday and i will do the same

          1. Eshwar Molugu says:

            Hi Manish

            When i had raised my voice with respective words like Banking Ombudsman and RTI, the boll got rolling. They took almost a week after i spoke with them and got me with information
            1) The locker is safely archived in a bundle.
            2) We paid the locker breaking charges and annual fee with respect to banking rules to retrieve the items back.

            Now, As i had read about the RBI Instructions regarding the breaking of lock, Here are the points i found
            1) After due notice to Locker hirer clearly confirming in the notice that , they are going to break open the locker in case of no response from the locker herier with in specified time as mentioned in notice.
            2) Generally the Lockers will be break opened on presentation of two witness officers of the bank and the valuables in the lockers will be packed in a sealed cover and stapled and will be stored separably .
            3) Once after arrival of locker hirer/owner of valuables its duty of the bank to hand over the valuables to owner after under going all due diligence.

            So with respective to the above guidelines proposed by RBI, I questioned Bank Manager, Genearl Manager and AGM, asking them to produce me the list of items they noted down while breaking the locker.
            And they came with an answers like “May be the item list would be inside the packaged bundle.”

            So my question is
            1) “If the item list is inside the packaged bundle then i dont have any problem, But if the bundle have no item list inside it how should i handle the situation ?”
            2) I was thinking the item list is mandatory when the locker is broken. Does my thinking makes sense or does the bank doesn’t write one(item list) as such.

            Currently, they are ready to give the package bundle anytime but i am waiting for your reply on the item list
            Can you please respond and suggest me ASAP as i am waiting for your reply to relieve my locker.

            Eshwar Molugu

            1. Actually this has gone in so much detail 🙂 . I have no idea at this level . Mostly all your items will be there in the bundle and it would surely not be lost . Also there is no list maintained at the time of keeping your items, so incase some thing is lost or not there, there is no way for you to claim it . However I think we should not discuss it at this point of time, first claim it back and see if you have all the things there which you had kept , mostly it should be there.

              The more serious question you should ask the bank is why didnt they communicate on this and asked for you permission ? Then if you are not satisfied with bank response, then complain back to Banking ombudsman or RBI or consumer court !


            2. Eshwar Molugu says:

              Hi Manish

              We got our bundle with all the items in it and also there was a list explaining about every item. We were completely satisfied after getting the bundle and didn’t fight further for not sending notice.

              If i wouldn’t have posted my problem in this forum i wouldn’t have known about Ombudsmen party at all. Thanks once again


              Eshwar Molugu

            3. Thanks for updating this back and letting us know . I will now educate others on this , thanks to you !

  59. Raaj says:

    Hello Manish,
    I need bank statement of my mother and brothers from Central Bank of India. The particular transactions were done in the year 1995. I need this information to build my case for matter relating to property dispute for which I need to file a case in the court of law. Is it possible?

    Thanks a million for helping people out.


    1. I think that should be possible if you still have the account !

  60. R S SAJIKUMAR says:

    some one tell me plese, how to apply RTI appliction agenst INDIAN OVERES BANK(IOB) regading IOB bank lost of my plot registion document.

  61. Saurya says:

    Dear Sir,
    I need an information as one day came to know our Bank main branch is going to purchase a couple of desktop computers from a dealer so, as i also deal is computer so I rushed to bank and had a meet with the manager and offered him the 2,000/- below rates but the manager denied by saying that they used to deal directly with the company as i told that i am the direct dealer of the company but still he refuses to accept the quotation from me but after few days I came to know he purchased that from the pre decided dealer ,
    So please tell me I want to file a RTI and what should be the steps and documents needed

    1. If its a PSU bank , you can file a RTI and know about the transaction . JUst follow this template on this article –

  62. Rashmi says:

    I have by mistake transffred money in wrong account. can I get account holder’saddress and phone number from bank by RTI

    1. I am not sure if RTI would cover this, because its more of the privacy thing for others . But you can always ask the bank to tell you about the name and account number where you transferred the money.


  63. Amit Gupta says:

    Hi Manish,
    Valuable information shared by you as always. Kudos to you to aware us about our rights. My father also opened a locker in SBI at my native place. The bank asked him to open a FD worth Rs 25000 for 3 years lock in period. My father already had a savings cum salary account in that bank for 30 years. As per your blog, I think they can’t charge more than 3 years locker fees + breaking charges ,etc. So is it possible for us to change the FD amount. What are the steps we can take if the bank refuses to do so? Thanks in advance.
    Amit Gupta

    1. I guess its now very late . These things are done at the start, not in between, Let the FD be there 🙂

  64. prasanna says:

    want information regarding changes for locker in SBI do u have any information pls share or tell how to get it thro rti

    1. What do you mean by change of locker ? Is it same branch or different branch ?

  65. Abhishek says:

    Someone please tell me that can i have asked information to Indian Overseas Bank under RTI regarding Housing Loan Information in such manner that When and How Much Loan Bank has been issued and how much is still outstanding.

    1. Yes, you can file a RTI against them !

  66. UDAY says:

    Hi Manish,

    Thanks for sharing useful information.

    I have PPF account with SBI account. I wanted to transfer this account from this branch to another branch but Bank people are telling this can’t be possible. Can i file RTI in this case? If not can you please tell me how can i transfer my PPF account from this branch to another branch?


    1. Yes, you can transfer PPF from one place to another . There is a form to be filled. I suggest you go to bank again and tell them you will file RTI on this and will also complain to banking ombudsman with the employee name who is not giving right info . He will surely move mountains to help you then ! trust me !

      1. UDAY says:

        Thanks Manish


    Dear & Most Respected Sir, Date : 06-04-2013
    I have to file a RTI Application against my the then Employer, Punjab National Bank, Surendranagar Branch ( Gujarat ). I was awarded ” Compulsory Retirement from Bank Service after completing Two Departmental Inquiries, I was given above Award. In 1st Departmental Enquiry, I was directed to continue my service till Judgment (after my Pending Appeal before Gujarat High Court against my Conviction under IPC 498-A & IPC 306.). I am on Regular bail. I was convicted for 4 years’ RI with a fine for Rs. 25,000.00 & under IPC 498-A, I was convicted for 2 years’ RI & with a fine of Rs.500.00 , both sentences to go concurrently. After 4.3 months in Jail, I was released on bail in 2008 & my Appeal against my conviction was admitted before Gujarat High Court. After releasing on bail, I served at PNB, Surendranagar Branch for almost 8-9 months, all of a sudden, I was charge-sheeted under ” Moral Turpitude” clause of our BPS for Workmen. In this Enquiry, I was allowed to continue my service till Final Judgment of Gujarat High Court, I continued my service for 2-3 months, all of a sudden, again the same Enquiry was reopened, without assigning more charge/s. My Defence Representative & I protested it very very strongly. But the Disciplinary Authority ( RM ), after hearing me & my Defence Representative, took a decision for my Compulsory Retirement with all Benefits. I appealed at Appellate Authority ( DGM,HR,HO, New Delhi), he does not answer, nor taken any decision in spite of our regular written reminders, but after 4-5 months, he upheld RM’s previous Order, without giving me any Opportunity for Personal Hearing. This is there in our Bi-Partite Settlement, that Appellent authority must give an Opportunity for personal Hearing before taking Final Decision. Sir, we found out that my in-laws had written many letters to our Circle office & HO to terminate my service & my 1st & 2nd Enquiry was held & Appellent Authority , took more than One Month ( 4-5 Months after our so many written reminders ) without giving me any Opportunity to be heard personally. This is Gross Misconduct & Absuse of Law & Abuse of Power conferred to him . Sir, I was Compulsorily Retired in 2008, now I wrote to so many Authorities, to take Authenticated Copies of Written Letters from my in-laws side & other so many points, but without any result. Sir, please draft a RTI Application for me for my work done. I requested so many RTI Activists of India giving them my E-Mails copies, to help me in Drafting a very Powerful RTI Application, but nobody helped me. Sir, find below, copies of E-mails I sent at & others.

    Filing of an RTI Applicatio​n seeking some vital informatio​n from Punjab National Bank , whose I was a Clerk-cum-​Cashier ( Employee No. 55765 ) for 24 years & was awarded Compulsory Retirement after Two Department​al Enquiries by letters written from my in-laws’s side:

    Dear Sir/s Date : 04-04-2013

    I want to file RTI Application against Punjab National Bank Management & to punish those

    under whose actions, they Reopened closed Departmental Enquiry & other issues as narrated below, which, I already sent through an E-Mail ( ) to PNB :

    Dear Sir/Madam, Date : 09-03-2013

    With Due Respect, I , Mr. Hareshkumar Jagjivan Shrimali ,was a Clerk-cum-Casher in your Surendranagar Branch. Since 1984 to 2008. I was Compulsorily Retired under charge ” Moral Turpitude “from Bank Service after two inquiries in 2008.

    The Fact is I was convicted for 4 years & 2 years for IPC Sections 306 & 498-A to go concurrently respectively, as my wife had committed suicide in Dec-1996. A Criminal Case was registered by my Elder Brother-in-law at Limbdi Police Station. And after a lapse of some 9 years , I was convicted as above. I filed Criminal Appeal against my conviction at Gujarat High Court & it is admitted . It’s still pending.

    All of a sudden, after getting regular Bail from Gujarat High Court, An inquiry was ordered after 8-9 months regular service at Surendranagar Branch ( Gujarat ) & in that inquiry, Decision was taken to continue my Bank Service till Final Judgment of Gujarat High Court.

    To my surprise, this inquiry was reopened on the same ground without giving any valid reason/s after serving more 3-4 months at the same Branch.

    And in this reopened inquiry, a decision was taken to Compulsorily Retire me & that was done.

    I alongwith my Defence Representative filed an Appeal at Appellate Authority, DGM, HR, HO, New Delhi. As per Bi-partite Settlement ( at that time ) Rules, Appelate Authority neither called me for Personal Hearing nor took any final Decision in spite of our Regular Reminders. After 4-5 months, this final decision was taken by Appellate Authority & upheld decission of Regional Manager, Rajkot.

    By this Complaint, rather earnest request , I would like to know whether any person had called any higher authority/ies or/and wrote letters to any Higher Authority/ies to initiate First & Reopened second Inquiry with Names of persons/lawyers , PNB Authoritocuments ies’ Name, Designation/s & All Documents ( From Bank to Lower management, Higher Authority/ies to lower Authority/ies , answers, All E-Mail Details with dates, dulya certified by Competent Authorites.

    How a Final Decision was taken to continue my service as it was till Final Disposal of Gujarat High Court, a new reopened Inquiry was initiated & we appealled against Decission to Appellate Authority, without answering my Defence Representative , Final Decission for uphelding RM’s ORDER of Compulsory Retirement on the grounds of Moral Turpitude & without calling me for a Personal Hearing in writing, Appellate Authority had upheld RM’s ORDER throwing away Bi-Partite Settlement Rules for Workmen ?

    Kindly I urge upon you with my both hands folded , give me Dates, Documents, authorities Names with Designation, All Correspondance Attested With Bank’s Seal & Signatures , All E-Mails. All letters , phone call details with from-to Phone Numbers with dates & exact time with call Durations. If this mail doesn’t fall under your jurisdiction, kindly forward to the relevent Authority under CC to me at this E-Mail ID : .

    I urge to send me Each & Every Minute Details within a month from date of this E-Mail , during which any correspondance is held copy to me at this E-Mail ID : & if hard copies, on the following Residential Address of mine :

    Mr. Hareshkumar Shrimali,

    Flat No.1, Krupakant Appartments Part-1,

    Bhaikakanagar, Near Zaveri bunglows,

    Thaltej Cross Roads,

    Ahmedabad- 380059

    ( Gujarat )

    ( India )

    P.S. : I state that this is my E-Mail ID & I am the Real Person & not a fake person. If a written reply is not received from a competent authority , this complaint/request will be transferred to all higher authorities, RBI Dealing Heads, CVC & other Central Govt. Authorites , presuming that you have accepted everything in this e-Mail . It’s an earnest & most polite request .Don’t take it otherwise.

    Another E-Mail sent on 12-03-2013 Titled :

    Re : ATR of my Earlier E-Mail Dtd. 09–3-2013

    Resp. & The Most Hon’ble Sir/Madam, Date : 12-03-2013

    Reg : ATR of my Compulsory Retirement from Bank’s Service.

    Dear Sir, Nothing has been done in this matter till date . If possible , kindly send me E-Mail IDs of

    all Dept., Division Head’s including CMD’s E-Mail IDs . Plz include all documents, letters written by my in-laws, their lawyer/s, any other third party & All all all correspondence between our Bank’s internal correspondence & Call Details, Call Numbers, Call Durations, Mobile Nos. if any, If Mobile Call than Service Provider at that time of their Mobile/Cell Phones.

    Sir, why I’m demanding All all minutest Details, b,coz Appellate Authority has not done According to BPS Rules prevailing at that time & thrown away my case & me by taking Laws in his/their hands.

    I was not given Personal Hearing inspite of the Fact that he/she MUST have called me for Personal Hearing & thereafter he/she should have taken ultimate Decission within Time-frame. Not Calling me for Personal Hearing before Final Punishment seemed to condone PNB Mgmt. as a whole, a “few slaps” given to me & my Defence Representative. Defence Representative & I was tooooooo much shocked & I felt as if my Right to vote in an Parliamentary Election was taken away & I was prevented to cast my vote. What happened to RIGHT OF EQUALITY ? Is this person still in se rvice in PNB ? Who is He/she ? Whether PNB Higher Management taken any punitive Action Against him/hers ? If yes, which one ? If he/she is retired, his/her Pension was Stopped or Not ? Why ? Why no Departmental Inquiry/Action was taken ? Why he/she escaped ? What happened to Indian Legal System/Machinery ?

    Only Big Officers are allowed to flee from their deeds punishing a totally Innocent Person & putting a FULL-STOP to his loyal 24 years’ service. I can give Names of my collegues who have taken wrong benefits in PNB Service & those who are Doing Up-Down from Ahmedabad To Limbdi Branch, Ahmedabad to Wadhwan Branch to Surendranagtationery, ar without taking Written Permission from Competent Authority being an Officer Scale -I , he is still enjoying all benefits, selling pen,pencils, Rubber Rings, making Stamps, selling staionery , selling Ballpen reffils, selling Pencil Sharpners to Bank Branches as if he has been given a written Contract by PNB. Making lot of long distance STD & local phone from Branch Phones innumerous times. A Mr. Bharatkumar Bhogilal Shah- A Special Assistance & honourarily Retired from PNB, Surendranagar Branch & still taking Pension & all Beam hainefits. He was not signing vouchers under his pover , so many vouchers, he has not signed during tenure of his Service Tenure at Surendranagar Branch of PNB. Looto Bhai Looto, jitna dam hai, utna looto. PNB Jindabad. He was not capable of writing three lines in Correct Hindi ( English is a dream for him ). He used to come to me when something to be written in Hindi. Are Bhaiya, Retire bhi ho gaya. Aur Ek tha Mahachor, Mr. Hareshkumar Jagjivan Shrimali, who was sacked from PNB. Are Bhaya, Haresh ne jarur koi Ghotala Bank mein kiya hoga. These are the Bitter tooooooooooo much bitter words , I hear day by day,rather Daily. I was given Appreciation Letter for my each & every Help in bringing our Surendranagar Branch fully Computorised. chhodo , wo to koi Pagal RM aa gaya hoga Rajkot RO mein . De diya hoga Certificate. To us se thoda Haresh Shrimali ko Clean Chit chahiye ?

    An Officer Scale-I of Limbdi Branch threatened to CID/CBI People, he is reinstated. Wow. LOL.

    Are Bhai, nobody is guilty until The Biggest Court , The Hon’ble Supreme Court Of India finally gives verdict against me. My in-laws were very wealthy, I cried & argued these real, factual, true points, facts at the time of my inquiry, but nobody taken care of my naked TRUTH. ” Bhagao is ko verna yehobara to hamari bhi pole khol dega, aisa moka kabhi nahi milega dobara. ”

    ….) My late Father-in-Law Mr. Nathalal Kadia was a retired Deputy Collector & was practising as a Lawyer at Ahmedabad since so many years before my Engagement with my late wife Alka. My Elder Sister-in-Law ( unmarried as of to-day also) is M.A., LLB, B.Ed. & took away my only, my only SON Kevin from my custody, eversince he was three & a half years’ old. My Eldest late Brother-in-Law was M.Sc., LLB , who involved & indulged falsely , is Original Complainant in my Criminal case. He was serving as clerk at SBI,his wife is still serving in BSNL. My Eldest SIL was married at Nadiad & having NO ISSUE till to-day. ( After more than 30 years’ married life ). Both of them & my late BIL & FIL took more interest of my only Son Kevin & were not giving back his Custody to me. I always prayed with my both Hands folded to give me my own son’s custody , I’ll keep him at Ahmedabad for his Better & Better Education & Welfare. I purchased a flat at Ahmedabad for that. My late Wife Alka was M.A. ( with Psychology ) & was serving as Mukhya Sevika at H.Q. Limbdi & other small villages.

    I anm & my entire Family Members are innocent . The Criminal Case is totally an after-thought, vague, frivolous & to ruin our entire Family Members. I am a ALMIGHTY GOD fearing & my all family Members are GOD fearing , true & positive persons. Though, we are not Rich, we are poor, our Moral Value can not be measured in Rupees.

    My True story is very very very long . Plz Help me out. God will Bless all Authorities who takes every needed step in helping me.


    Hareshkumar Shrimali

    P.S. : Can I take more 1% ( or whatever ) in FDRs & all Deposits in PNB , in which Account , my name appears 1st ? Because, I’m Compulsorily Retired only Surendranagar Branch is ready to give me 1% additional counting me as Ex-Staff. I withdrew all my Deposits & Each & every pie of my relatives from Limbdi Branch. ‘coz PNB, Limbdi ( Gujarat) Branch counts me a Guilty person & not allowing me to be Ex-Staff . They are not giving me 1% more. They want me to produce a letter from Higher Authority stating me to be an Ex-Staff & All Benefits available to a NORMAL Ex-Staff , should be given to me also.

    Hence, on this prestigious occassion, can I pray to Top-Most Highest Authority of Punjab National Bank to give me such letter in writing within a short period, or still War is war afterall. It’ll be continued till my Death.

    Respectable Sir/s , kindly help me, I am resident of Ahmedabad.

    P.S. : First of all, I want Certified Copies of letters written from my in-laws’ side/their Lawyer’s letters to terminate me from Bank Service.

    Waiting for your Reply.

    Sincerely Yours,



    Apr 4 (2 days ago)

    to akvyas, rticellho

    Dear Sir, Date : 12-03-2013

    The Scale – I Officer, who was narrated by me, in my earlier E-Mail To-Day, is Mr. Rajesh H. Shah, & he is honourably working at Ahmedabad Branch,

    ” I can give Names of my collegues who have taken wrong benefits in PNB Service & those who are Doing Up-Down from Ahmedabad To Limbdi Branch, Ahmedabad to Wadhwan Branch to Surendranagtationery, ar without taking Written Permission from Competent Authority being an Officer Scale -I , he is still enjoying all benefits, selling pen,pencils, Rubber Rings, making Stamps, selling staionery , selling Ballpen reffils, selling Pencil Sharpners to Bank Branches as if he has been given a written Contract by PNB. Making lot of long distance STD & local phone from Branch Phones innumerous times. He was & is in sher Bazaar ( Stock Exchange of India BSE & NSE ) sitting from Bank & from Bank Phone , involving a lot of uncountable, irretrieviable financial loss to the Bank as a whole. He is selling small small things to Branches & his son was preparing Bills from his computers sitting at his residence & Mr. Rajesh H. Shah was making so many Phone Calls from Branch in which he has served so far & was asking whether his such & such Rupee Bill has been passed yet or not. For this type of Confirmations, he used to call from PNB Branch Call/phone innumerous time & I am the Eye-witness for this matter. Another eye-witnesses may come forward or not , he/she/they can say my Challenge to ” NO ” , but YES I say ” YES YES YES YES YES . I’m the Eye-witness. He served at Wadhwan , Limbdi & Surendranagar Branches as Scale-I Officer & during all these long part of his career, he was doing up-down from Ahmedabad Daily , has he taken Written Permission from PNB Competent Authority yet ( till date ) ? Ask him , were all staff members & Manager & RMs were not aware of this Hard Facts? Has he not left HQ without taking written permission from Bank ? It’s a legal Move by Shri Rajesh H. Shah ? Why till to-day, he is not suspended ? He must have been terminated till now. If he is Suspended , still his association will pay him as per :
    Officers under Suspension :

    “Annual Entertainment Expenses limit of the officers under suspension is to be reduced, pro-rata, for the period of suspension. Entertainment expenses incurred during the period of suspension are not to be reimbursed. However, bills covering renewal subscription of Clubs/Association, relating to the period of suspension, if any, may be reimbursed.”

    Will that Officer be suspended , who has not given me a chance for a Personal Hearing & not done according to First Inquiry’s Enquiry Officer’s Final Decission & taken lot of time wasting important Time without any valid, legal Reasons for delaying in giving me Final Decission ? Will he/she be suspended ? Kindly you are most most most Honourably requested to give me his Name in Full ( First Name, Middle Name, Last name ) his designation at that time & at this momeurent.

    Mr. Himatlal B. Bhalgama, who was Honourably retired from Limbdi branch, as Special Assistant , for whom so many written Comuties, for whichplaints were lodged by shri Hitesh jani, when Shri Bhalgama was serving at Surendranagar Branch, even Mr. Hitesh Jani personally visited RM’s Office , Rajkot from his own earned Hard Money & met RM personally to suspend Shri Respected Mr. Himatlal B. Bhalgama. He was also indulging in Stock Market( selling & buying shares, in stead of doing Bank’s Duty, for which he was paid by Bank & he & his Entire Family was dependent. Will his Pension be stopped Permanently ? In stead of dismissing him altogather, he was promoted as Special Assistant . Waah . Kya Baat Kahi ? He was an Union Leader.

    Has Courage in PNB Management to stop Pension & suspend & dismiss these notorious persons who has looted Bank’s money indirectly? Will PNB Management recover all money they had called from Bank Phone without any Bank’s Work ? I want all TRUE, Factual Answers within a Moervingnth’s time. Don’t compell me to file other RTIs . please please please please please . I pray all of you my Mai baap, with crying eyes, dismiss them & recover all Money , for which entire Amount he/she is liable for ?

    Mr. Subhash Voh ra, a nearly connected person with PNB Management, was promoted as Scale-I Officer from Delhi & his wife was serving at IOB , Delhi Branch , after a few months, all of a sudden he fell ill & such ill that he had to be admitted in Delhi’s one of the leading Hospital & by help of this hospital’s Certificate our PNB Management had mercy on him transferred him from Surendranagar to a Delhi branch for some months only. But only GOD knows how he never came back to neither at Surendranagar Branch nor any other branch except Delhi. Please give me the Name/s with Designation who transfered Mr. Subhash Vohra & Complete Details of these Person/s as on to-day. I don’t want to run Legal Machinery, but if compelled, it’ll be done without fail. Jai Hind. Bharat Mata Ki Jay.

    Truely Yours,

    Hareshkumar Shrimali

  68. Manish Sinha says:

    Hi Manish,

    I am facing an issue with SBI for Safe deposit locker, where the branch manager first has told me to no locker available and later on he said that if I do a FD of Rs 5 Lac then the locker can be given to you. He also mentioned that the allocating the locker is the right of the Bank management committee. I think there is no rule as where which states that I need to FD some amount for availing the Locker facility and it should be allocated to the customer based on the availability.

    Can I get the information from SBI about the no of lockers available to a branch using RTI?

    Thanks in Advance
    Manish Sinha

    1. Definately you can .. when you file RTI , ask questions like

      1. How many lockers are empty

      2. What is the procedure for opening it

      3. What are the prerequisite !

  69. sunil says:

    Dear Manish,
    If i need to file an RTI to know about the procedures to change my wife’s name in a PPF account… to whom should i address the RT form??? any specific adress??? and should we enclose another envolope for them to reply or they will reply on their own expenses.

    1. Sunil

      U can read this also

      Regarding the name change, is it the name change because of marriage or was there a mistake made in the name earlier . Before filing RTI , better enquire in the POSTOFFICE or SBI bank where ever your PPF account is. If that does not work then file RTI .

      To file RTI you need to address it to the Post office where you have the PPF account or the SBI bank where your PPF account is . I assume that its in a PSU Bank as you have commented it here on this article ! .

      You just need to pay Rs 10 fees, they will send you reply later ..


  70. Aish says:

    Thats the irony of India. usually PSU banks solves all problems with RBI ombudsman itself . Thats my experience with 2 cases. But in case of private banks, they are there only to take away your money. I never received any proper closure or even no communication at all from RBI ombudsman for complaints against private banks.

    1. Hmm .. in that case why dont you move to consumer court also !

  71. Rahul says:

    RTI is indeed a powerful tool, This has helped individuals get information at ease from government. No doubt Government is afraid of this, and are thinking to amending the RTI rules.

    1. True ! . thats why RTI works so well , seems like the only good thing congress brought ! ..

      1. sudhir kumar says:

        On the demand by shri Anna Hazare RTI was introduced by the congress. So we thank to Shri Hazare.

  72. Raj says:

    RTI is one of the best things that had happened in this decade…

    1. Yea Raj ! thats true !

  73. Pritam says:

    RTI can also be filed against RBI (Reserve Bank of India) to sought information to members of public just like from PSU banks.


    1. Thanks for that info .. any govt body comes under RTI !

  74. RD says:

    Very usefull and powerfull article. A big Thanks to Manish.

  75. Elahi says:

    Thanks for the information. RTI is very powerful and highly useful tool. Here is my experience with SBI. I have housing loan with SBI and they had charged extra interest of Rs. 73000 to me. So I filed RTI to get the detailed information of change in interest rates and to conform that my housing loan interest rate will be (SBAR – % concession.) After getting this information, I filed complaint with Branch and RACPC pune, giving them detailed interest calculations of interest for 4 years and asked them to refund my money. Waited for 3 weeks. SBI customer charted says that “Branch has to solve the problem withing 3 weeks elase wive written reply to customer telling why it is not solved and how much additional time is needed.” After 3 weeks I pointed SBI to this clause ans asked for explaination through email. Then wheels started moving faster. Got my cresit within 2 hours. But it was not as per my calculation. I again explained them my claculations and after 3 credits they got their calculation right ! I got my money back completely. RTI works wonder. And every government and semi-govt. organisations have citizens charter. Use it for your purpose.

    1. Thats a great experience ! .. I will make a post out of it and share with more people !

  76. Kranti Goyal says:


    RTI is really helpful when you are not satisfied with bank. Even bank doesn’t want to involve in RTI query. Following is my experience with one of the well known PSU bank-

    “My ATM is locked due to some unknown reason. As usual customer-care directed me to contact branch. In branch a lady checks some info and said that this can not happen here, ATM will be unlocked by Mumbai main branch and advice me for new ATM card. At this time I have questioned them that in this case you will deduct charges from my saving account. Reply of lady was awesome, she simple blast on me and said that you people want everything free of cost. At that time I feel that there is no point in arguing with that lady and way back to my home. After one week of try,suddenly I thought of applying RTI on this issue. I have met the branch manager and ask for how to apply RTI on this issue. Suddenly after listening name of RTI, bank manager came into action and directed same lady to solve this issue asap and said that if his issue is not resolved, he will file RTI. Surprisely my ATM is unlocked within minutes of action. In my case only name of RTI works wonder:)”

    1. Thanks for sharing that ! .. it was amazing experience to hear and This shows how powerful RTI was !

  77. Karan Batra says:

    Hi Manish

    Thanks for sharing this useful peice of info which would help many aggrieved customers file RTI against their PSU Banks.

    I’ve heard that their are many customers who are aggrieved with the functioning of the EPF Account. You can also guide them regarding how to file a RTI against EPF Authority

    1. Ravi says:

      Hi Karan,

      Manish has already done an article on EPF related. Please find it here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

FREE Financial Health Checkup

Take up a detailed 25 questions financial health checkup to find out how much you score out of 100?