Continuing a PF account while taking break from job

POSTED BY rajesh ON June 4, 2013 10:06 am ONE COMMENT

My employer manages an exempt trust for PF. Usually they settle in cash if I do not transfer the account to a new employer within 2 months. I am resigning to study for a year. But I do not want to withdraw my PF amount. I want the account to be alive so that I can continue the account after my studies.

How do I keep it alive? Can I transfer it to regional PF office?

One reply on this article “Continuing a PF account while taking break from job”

  1. Dear Rajesh, as you are no more an employee, you can not transfer your PF account from your employer to RPFO. You can only request to your old employer not to redeem your amount immediately & let it run for 1Y more.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.