Who can be a dependent for section 80DD/80DDB

POSTED BY Sambaran Mitra ON September 15, 2013 2:52 pm ONE COMMENT

Can one claim tax deduction for the expenses incurred in treatment of disabled mother-in-law?

In other words, does mother-in-law qualify as a dependent for section 80DD/80DDB ?

One reply on this article “Who can be a dependent for section 80DD/80DDB”

  1. No , Mother in law will not be eligible for this . Here is the definition

    This tax rebate is applicable for individuals and HUFs. Medical treatment for the following diseases should be undergone and you should have paid the expenses on yourself, spouse, children, parent, brother or sister

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.