Documents mentions Rented House Address, How to get Passport ?

POSTED BY samirk0 ON September 19, 2013 6:39 pm COMMENTS (4)


I live in delhi since 4 year in rented house. I have Aahaar card , voter id. where  address  is mention of rented house. now, i need passport , I which address should be on  passport present or permanent , because my native land is in jharkhand.


4 replies on this article “Documents mentions Rented House Address, How to get Passport ?”

  1. Gaurav Doshi says:

    Dear Samir,
    I have also applied for passport recently and have the same issues. But what is mentioned above is correct. Go ahead with your current address where you are staying for last 1 year. Legally you need to mention your current address on the application.

    And incase you want permanent address then you will have to apply from Jharkhand and attend passport interview there and be available for police verification there. Bit complicated and kind of illegal.

  2. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Samir, during online application, you may quote your permanent address in the application form.



  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Samir, please put your current Delhi address as well as any other address of Delhi within last 2Y.



  4. Mustafizur Rahaman says:

    As per passport guidelines, you should mention the address where you have been staying in last 1 year(that means if you have stayed in more than 1 places in last 1 year, you should mention all of them). I understand it is inconvenient to put rented address in passport, but you have to go through police verification based on the address you provide.

    If you can manage police verification etc. in your permanent address, then you can try that, but I would say that is risky. And if anything goes wrong, it is a black spot. I don’t think it is worth taking that risk.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.