How to get duplicate ITR acknowledgment?

POSTED BY rajat ON April 22, 2011 11:19 am COMMENTS (3)

I have the following question.

I am trying  to get a term plan of 25L from LIC and they have asked me for last 3 year ITR returns. Now, the thing is that I am unable to locate both acknowledgment as well as form 16 for year 2009-10 and this is why LIC is not going issuing with the policy. Can anyone tell me how can I secure my ITR acknowledgment of 2009-10.

I had filled this return through a bajaj allianz agent and i am unable to locate him. What can i do in such case?

3 replies on this article “How to get duplicate ITR acknowledgment?”

  1. For the confirmation of ITR, you need the services of CA. Regarding Form 16, you need to approach the source party, who has issued Form-16 and request for duplicate one. Now-a-days, many banks through netbanking gives options to view all your TDS deposited. You can get TDS list from there also. Get in touch with your bank to conform that.

    Hope it will help you.

  2. rajat says:

    Actually my problem is I am not sure if the agent had even filled my return or not and form 16 for that year is also missing from my end. How can i confirm if my return has been filled for that year or not?

  3. Get help of some CA. Generally, these people have good relations with IT people and they can manage such things easily. Ofcourse, they’ll charge their fees also. Other way is use the power of RTI and get all your documents,

    Hope it will help you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.