Income Tax E Filing – Relevant Form

POSTED BY Ram ON July 26, 2012 3:58 pm COMMENTS (3)

Dear friends

Can somebody guide me which type of form (Form-1 or Form-2) to be used for Income Tax e-filing for the following case:

Income from Salary from one employer and Let-out house property income (Rent & Interest paid on housing loan). I have only one house, which is taken on loan and rented out to some body.

There is no other source of income like Bank interest, Short term capital gain etc.

I would like to e-file as the total salary is above 5 LPA.

Thanks, Ram

3 replies on this article “Income Tax E Filing – Relevant Form”

  1. Muthu says:

    But I had a similar case as you. Why don’t you try efiling through It is absolutely free of cost (till 3 pm today )and hassle free. They will generate the ITR for automatically for you. You needn’t worry about which form to choose.
    But, according to me, as you have income/loss from house property, it is mentioned in the government of india income tax website that you need to file ITR2.
    Check the following link:

  2. Muthu says:

    You have to take ITR 2.

    1. Ram says:

      But, Mr. Muthu, yesterday in my office, our accounts team asked me to file ITR1 as I have housing loan for only one house.

      Can somebody clarify the same?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.