Income Tax on LTCG on share buy back

POSTED BY Viswanathan Kulumany ON September 7, 2012 11:01 am COMMENTS (3)

3 replies on this article “Income Tax on LTCG on share buy back”

  1. Viswanathan Kulumany says:

    I have made a long term gain on share buy back by the company on shares held by me for more than 5 years.

    Since no STT was paid, I want to know whether I can set of this LT Gain against brought forward Long Term Loss on sale of house.

    Alternatively can I invest the Long Term Gain in Capital Gain Bonds to save on tax.

    1. Dear Viswanathan, as the heads are Long Term Capital Gains & Long Term Capital Loss, both can be adjusted.

      Yes in case, you want to invest in section 54EC capital gains tax saving bonds, you can do so that also.



  2. Dear Viswanathan, what is the query?



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.