Loss From House Property

POSTED BY Gangadhara ON January 15, 2013 8:13 pm COMMENTS (2)


I have 2 houses

House A (in Native), I rented it out, House B (in my work city)

I staty in house B. Can I declare House A as selef occupied and House B as rented.

The reson being is that the House B am paying around 4 lac as interest for housing load  and  for House A i am payign 60K as interest for housing load where as its rental income is 70K


Thanks in advance

2 replies on this article “Loss From House Property”

  1. Gangadhara says:

    Thanks so much for your response.

  2. That would be illegal. You can only claim the limit of 1.5 Lac towards interest for house B.
    The law only states one can claim deductions from two properties. It does not give us the right to state a different address for self occupied properties.
    In an era of centralized computer records doing so will be inconsistent with your KYC entries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.