Outstanding Income tax to be paid – How and where ?

POSTED BY Kunal D ON June 19, 2013 9:12 am ONE COMMENT


     I switched companies mid-fin year 12-13 and hence have 2 Form-16 from my previous employers. The tax computation done by my current employer is incorrect as he has taken into account the entire salary pai by previous employer without noticing the HRA & other deuctions.


I used the Tax Calculator at the IT website – incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in – and have found that I am yet to pay some tax to the IT Dept.

Can I pay it online at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/ before July-31-2013 and then file my returns?

Kindly suggest.





One reply on this article “Outstanding Income tax to be paid – How and where ?”

  1. Yes, you can pay the balance tax yourself on the tin-nsdl website

    And after payment of taxes, you can file your ITR. Without payment of full taxes, your ITR wont be accepted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.