Provided Fund

POSTED BY Paresh ON December 3, 2012 7:23 pm ONE COMMENT


My new employer is not providing PF facility. As total number of employees are just 5 so he is saying no need of PF. Please let me know how I can take the advantage of NPS.

In my old company one portion was treated as Employer Contribution and I was not paying Income Tax on that portion. Can I invest some money in NPS as Employer Contribution?

Please suggest.

One reply on this article “Provided Fund”

  1. You can invest in tier 1 of NPS. You will have to invest the min amt per year even if you dont want to since you can only get the money when you turn 60. You can also invest in tier II but it is not necessary.

    You can invest some portion in tier I and some portion in ppf and some in equity MFs to build your retirement corpus.

    Make sure you calculate how much you need for retirement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.