Regarding filing of Income Tax return

POSTED BY sangram ON July 23, 2013 10:53 am ONE COMMENT

I had a small query regarding filing of Income Tax return.
I have submitted all the proofs for Inome tax in the last financial year. I have submitted them in December 2012 and proper tax has been deducted by company till 31st March 2013.
Then on 15th March 2013, I did a charity of rs. 5000/- to a trust for which I did NOT submit any proof(i.e. receipt of donation) in my company.
Now while filing my ITR online I suddenly remebered this thing & found that I can get almost 1000 rs as my income tax refund if I claim this.
So I had few queries:-
1) Now that I want to claim a tax rebate for this charity while filing my income tax return online under section 80G, Can I do that? or is it late now?
2) I am trying to fill the ITR ONLINE by myself and don’t see any option there to submit this proof. How to send this proof to Income tax office? & moreover is it necessary to send this proof?


One reply on this article “Regarding filing of Income Tax return”

  1. Mohit Pandey says:

    Sangram, No proof documents needs to be submit while filing your returns. If you had done charity and have proof then mention it in ITR. Don’t send any proof document with signed ITR acknowledgement to CPC. Proof will be required only if IT guys want to assist your return, which they pick randomly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.