Transfer of shares

POSTED BY rajum3000 ON June 26, 2012 10:40 am ONE COMMENT

My Father has some shares in his DEMAT account. He wants to transfer those to my demat account. What is the process and does that call for any tax implications?

One reply on this article “Transfer of shares”

  1. Dear Rajum, your father can transfer these shares off market. Please ask him to fill TIFD slips or ask your father’s broker for help. At the same time, prepare a gift deed in which your father ‘ll declare that he is gifting so & so shares to you (his son). Both of you should sign the same.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.