Trouble with my Income-tax because of my employer

POSTED BY Chatterjee99 ON June 10, 2012 8:37 pm ONE COMMENT

My income tax for 2011-12 was calculated by one ABC industry where I was working. Based on my investments, final amount to be paid was calculated by them and TDS was decided between accounts dept and me. Within a period of next 10 months, this TDS got deducted by the company from every months salary. Two months back, I took up another job and left ABC industry and joined XYZ industry. Now when I am contacting the accounts dept of ABC industry they are not taking my call also, and I am sure they have not deposited the income tax also. Likewise Form-16 has also not been given to me by them.
What can I do now?

One reply on this article “Trouble with my Income-tax because of my employer”

  1. Dear Chaterjee, first of all please check your form 26As entries for the FY in question. If the tax was indeed deposited to the Govt. of India, the same ‘ll be reflected in the form 26AS. Based upon your form 26As data you can file your ITR. In case your employer has not deposited the deducted the tax to the Govt. of India, you can file a written complaint to the Commissioner of Income Tax, under whose jurisdiction you were filing your ITR earlier or the employer’s office falls as per location.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.