What prood i should submit for House Rent exemption?

POSTED BY Siva ON July 16, 2013 2:50 pm ONE COMMENT

I have not declared my House rent to my employer so it did not reflect in my form 16. Now, while e-filing tax, i have an option to include it under section10 as an exemption, but what proof should i submit if IT dept demands? As i don’t get any receipts from my owner, Can i self declare? (rent is 10,000/month) is there any form available in IT dept website? Pls guide.

One reply on this article “What prood i should submit for House Rent exemption?”

  1. bemoneyaware says:

    No there is no form to fill. You need to take care of it in your calculations
    Our article How to Claim Deductions Not Accounted by the Employer will be helpful to you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.